The Master of Public Affairs (MPA)
The MPA program seeks motivated students with diverse backgrounds and experience. To be considered for admission to the MPA program, ALL the following documents should be in the Graduate School Office via the online Apply Yourself system no later than July 1 (fall) or November 15 (spring):
- Graduate application form (https://gradapply.uncg.edu/apply/)
- Complete the Supplementary Application information; this information is completed as part of the application.
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate courses
- Three recommendations – e.g. faculty, supervisors, professional colleagues
- Transcript of scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Applicants who have been out of college for three years or more may substitute the Miller Analogy Test (MAT)
NOTE: Applicants with a Master’s degree or at least a 3.5 GPA or above from an accredited college or university are not required to submit this test requirement.
The MPA Program bases admission decisions on a combination of the above criteria. Relevant professional work experience and recommendations may weigh more heavily than test scores and GPA for applicants who are not recent college graduates. An interview with the Graduate Director may provide the Program with additional information about an applicant’s preparation, motivation, and career goals. The program also seeks a diverse student body and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, and people with disabilities.
For more information about tuition and fees, see http://grs.uncg.edu/financial/estimated-cost/. For more information about the Graduate School at UNCG, please fill out the Graduate School Information Request Form.