The Master of Public Affairs (MPA)
MPA Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
The MPA Program is committed to addressing inclusion, structural racism, diversity, racial inequalities, and issues of equity.
Along with the University (see https://diversity-inclusion.uncg.edu/), the UNCG MPA program is committed to ensuring a climate that promotes awareness and develops knowledge about issues of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. We recognize the importance of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion as a part of its moral obligation to our students, our alumni, and our program, thus we strive to act purposefully to thwart racial inequalities and issues of inequity from recurring. As a program and as people, we must do better, and we must do more! The MPA program is committed to take action to eliminate racial inequalities in all our communities and instill equity in all of our actions.
What we do is important, but so too is the understanding of our challenge. We too must recognize this challenge as we move forward and confront the structural struggle against racism and discrimination personally, professionally, and morally. The UNCG MPA program strives to ensure attentiveness to issues of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion across our program and across research, teaching, and service activities. As such, the MPA Program continues to explore and embrace new ways to incorporate Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion into program activities.
General Resources at UNCG
- College of Arts & Sciences Diversity Initiatives
- CASConnects (a mentorship program for graduate students in the College from diverse backgrounds, broadly defined)
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at UNCG
- Intercultural Resource Center
- LGBTIQ+ community
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
- Office of Intercultural Engagement Program and Activities
- Safe Zone
- UNCG iBELONG Campus Climate Survey
- Office of Accessibility Resources & Services (OARS)