The Master of Public Affairs (MPA)
The mission of the Master of Public Affairs (MPA) program offered by the University of North Carolina at Greensboro is to do the following:
- provide a stimulating and challenging education enabling a diverse student body to develop public values and master essential knowledge, competencies, and skills within a supportive and cooperative community;
- prepare pre-service students for leadership and professional positions in public service;
- provide education to in-service students that will lead to their development and career advancement as leaders, professionals, and managers;
- contribute to the fields of public policy, public administration, and nonprofit management through scholarly and applied research, publications, and professional service;
- serve the greater Piedmont Triad area through community-engaged scholarship, interns, graduates, and outreach activities that enhance the performance of local government and nonprofit organizations.